Saturday, February 13, 2010

Patriotism in Song

Saturday, February 13, 2010
 
The National Anthem performed by Ayla Brown, daughter of newly elected Senator Scott Brown from Massachusetts. I had no idea this girl had once been on American Idol, as I'm not a fan of the show, and I still wouldn't know, if not for the fact of her father's election win in Massachusetts.  I don't know who beat her, but she certainly has a set of pipes on her.  Here is Ayla Brown, performing with the Boston Pops.


I saw this next performance when it originally aired. How moving and inspiring. I think God put Trace Adkins on this earth to sing songs like these and I am inspired by his talent and dedication to the military. There were wounded servicemen and women who were there, being supported by the Wounded Warrior Project. Please consider supporting this very worthy cause. Here is Trace performing a very moving tribute to our military, accompanied by the West Point Glee Club:



To see a short behind the scenes look at Trace's performance, click here to check out this video.