Friday, January 6, 2012

A Government for the Rest of Us


It seems like everyday I wake up and it’s the same old story with politics and politicians: If you vote for my bill, I’ll support yours; the Republicans hate this and the Democrats hate that; you scratch my earmark and I’ll scratch yours…



It’s frustrating.

If it’s not a disgraceful politician being exposed for illicit behavior, it’s somebody in some party being caught shoveling money to their friends or illegal back-door dealings, or charges being leveled. Then the other party thinks they have the moral high ground, even though it was their guy or gal that was caught the week before.

A massive cottage industry which produces nothing, builds nothing, and spends taxpayer money like it’s going out of style has grown up around Washington DC. It’s an establishment political class, grown fat and powerful on our backs which grows and grows…
… And regardless of the prevailing economic climate – it just keeps getting bigger.

What is the average American supposed to do?

When both sides spend our hard-earned money and our kids and our kids’ kids’ money, where do we turn?

Who can they trust with the disingenuous speeches, laughable campaign promises, and the revolving doors, filled with lobbyists, ready to eat at the trough of the taxpayer?

In a nutshell: How do you know an honest man when he runs for office, and how does that honest man convince voters of his good intentions, when all they read about is corruption, deception and outright thievery?
  • Who is really working toward the greater good?
  • Who is not compromising?
  • Who is not lying?
  • Who is truly a public servant and wants to do what’s right?
And there lies the rub: How would you know?

Don’t look to The Media for answers. Especially the mainstream media, swooping in like a vulture, looking for it’s next meal. It doesn’t really matter if it’s a Democrat, a Republican or even a private citizen: The media has an agenda – money and power – so how is the average person supposed to make an educated choice?

There’s an undeclared civil war going on right now; let me give you a perfect example: Unions. I have a lot of friends and family who are proud union members, including my own brother. And depending on who you listen to, unions are either great, or evil. So which is it? The answer is pretty simple: Neither.

Fact is, my brother is a good man, my family & friends are good people. It’s the Media, the industry of Public opinion, Money and Power who are at fault. Pitting one group against another is their specialty, but I will not fall for it – I love my brother, family and my friends – I refuse to go to war! We’re all just trying “to make it;” pay bills, provide for our children, our selves, and maybe have a little extra.

At the expense of America and Americans, we try to save other countries, we try to save the environment, we police the world. But when we do this, we send jobs overseas and destroy American jobs in the process. Building other countries’ economies up so that they can afford American “Goods” sounds like a bright idea, but hell, by the time they are built up America won’t be producing anything anymore.
Green energy?

We live and work in a Capitalist society – if “Green Energy” worked , people would be making money off it – think about it. And don’t pee down my leg and tell me it’s raining – “Green Energy” is financed by broke taxpayers in the name of do-gooders and outright conmen who’ve bought access to the politicians promoting these disasters.

I challenge you to go five minutes without using petroleum. Five minutes. You can’t do it, because the fact is, from the car you drive, to your clothes, the air-conditioning in your building, to just about anything manufactured, consumed or delivered, we live in a petroleum-based economy. When “Green Energy “ is ready we won’t need the government to promote and waste money on it – we’ll flock to it and you can bet there will be market-driven forces ready to make an honest buck off of it.

Until then, let us drill for oil, mine for coal – right here in America. It creates jobs, and brings down prices for broke taxpayers. We ship billions of dollars to the Middle East to buy oil from people who roundly hate us!

We borrow money to give away, then put it on the back of taxpayers. How does this make any sense??? All in the name of good. Who’s good?

America is ours to lose.

I’m just a regular guy. A guy that wants America to stay great. I want my neighbors to have jobs. I want my neighbors to be happy. My neighbors are Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Libertarians……Christian, Jewish, Aetheist , Muslims White, Black, Hispanic, AMERICANS and yes, I want them to be happy.

This is why I’ve decided to run for Congress. It seems that every special interest has someone in Congress to represent them. Big Business, Big Labor, right or left; they all are well represented in Congress. We need a Congressman for us. Those who work hard, take care of their families and play by the rules. I may be from Ohio, but I want to be the Congressman for you. A Congressman for the rest of us.

Your friend, Joe.

Big Government