Tuesday, October 26, 2010

‘Go Watch This Video. It’s Enlightening, It’s Enraging.’: Gov Christie Raves Over O’Keefe ‘Teachers Gone Wild’


Well, the left and the mainstream media came to bury James O’Keefe. And I guess they failed. His latest Project Veritas ‘Teachers Gone Wild’ — New Jersey teachers union members exposing their institutional arrogance and lack of seriousness and accountability — is now a huge story in New Jersey politics, according to straight-talking Governor Chris Christie’s own mouth.

Gov. Chris Christie comments on 'teachers unions gone wild'



This is what I’ve been talking about.  This is another exhibit as to what I’ve been talking about.  The arrogance, the greed, the self-interest, the lack of introspection, the lack of standards.
And it hurts the great teachers just as much as it hurts the kids.
I think that this video makes the distinction better than I ever could.  This is their leadership conference where they’re in a hotel, having this leadership conference, singing songs together about kicking the governor in his tool box.  I wonder what they mean by that?  But I can tell you I sense it would hurt.

They talk about the things.. I’m not even going to say it because we have children in this audience but the things that they would have to do in order to lose tenure. And how exciting the moment is after three years when they get tenure and realize ‘we can’t get fired for anything’.
This is the stuff they are saying on the video when they don’t believe they are being videotaped.
They have a teacher, leadership of the union, playing arcade games at this leadership conference and laughing and saying  “isn’t this great? I get to play arcade games on your dime.  “
I don’t care, candidly, that they chant and sing about me in a not very nice way.  I’m the Governor of New Jersey, there are gonna be people who say bad things about me every day.  
That’s fine, I don’t care, I really don’t.  This video is not about the things they say about me, this video is about the things they say about themselves. About themselves.  And if you need an example of what I’ve been talking about for the last nine months about how the teachers’ union leadership is out of touch with the people and out of control, go watch this video.  It’s enlightening, it’s enraging.
Here is the video, from Project Veritas, that Gov. Christie raved about:



Big Government