Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Huffington Post/AOL Founder, Editor-In-Chief Admit ‘Color of Change’ Campaign Against Me Based on Big Lie

Andrew BreitbartPosted by Andrew Breitbart Mar 30th 2011 at 11:39 am in Featured Story, Huffington Post 

It’s taken a long time, but Huffington Post/AOL founder Arianna Huffington and Huffington Post/AOL editor Roy Sekoff have finally acknowledged that I am not a racist–despite the popular left wing website’s campaign to frame me as one.



From a letter crafted by Huffington Post editor Roy Sekoff to the Daily Caller:
…I want to make it as clear as possible that neither I nor Arianna believe that Andrew Breitbart is a racist.  If we did believe that, we never would have allowed him to blog on HuffPost — let alone featured him on our front page.
I am grateful for Huffington and Sekoff’s true courage to go against many of their partisan bloggers and ideological editors, many of whom threatened to quit if I wasn’t ousted from its “progressive” waters.

For the last six months the Huffington Post, recently purchased by AOL for $315 million, has been running a vengeful propaganda campaign led by a far left wing anti-free speech organization called “Color of Change,” created by former Obama White House “green czar” Van Jones – whose resignation was sealed, to a great degree, by facts revealed in reporting at one of my websites.

Color of Change’s sole purpose is to shut up those with whom it disagrees politically. It uses manipulative write-in (cut and paste, actually) campaigns to intimidate media organizations and the advertisers that support them. Color of Change targets, among others, Lou Dobbs, Bill Bennett, Glen Beck–and Fox News, writ large.

Color of Change openly claims two scalps so far: Mine. First, for getting me kicked off ABC News election night coverage. And, now, for getting me kicked off Huffington Post’s front page.

By using false propaganda to frame me as a racist, something I most certainly am not, these leftists produce a free-speech-chilling atmosphere, informing news editors to think twice about putting a best selling author and effective journalist and publisher on the public airwaves.

In fact, the Huffington Post, which to a great degree I created, has been a repository for the most malicious brand of race-baiting–directed at me. Numerous blog posts at the Huffington Post carry Color of Change’s carefully scripted “race baiter” and “liar” ad hominem language, dutifully carrying out the organized left’s orders to make a strong critic inoperative and ineffective.

That is why I have spent six months pushing my friends atop the Huffington Post to counter the malicious and untruthful propaganda campaign against me. Monday, I finally got what I wanted: for Huffington and Sekoff to confirm publicly what they convey privately–namely, that I am not a racist.

That admission raises questions about the odd editorial policy that the Huffington Post/AOL adopted in the wake of controversy of the last week–namely, that the editors would take away front-page privileges from those who use ad hominem language–anywhere.

In reality, I am the unique target of that policy. For using truthful descriptions of Van Jones’s checkered past, I have been removed from the front page for a rule that didn’t exist when I started writing there.

As long as Huffington Post/AOL maintains a policy against ad hominem attacks, it would behoove its editors to correct the record, and put the truth on their own website, where its readers have been intentionally and maliciously ill-informed for a long time.

Big Journalism