Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sarah's Speech Soars!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

So, once again last night - as in rare moments in the past two years - I sat in my living room and listened to an amazingly charismatic speaker who made me proud to be a conservative and proud to be an American.  Yes I know, no one  can "make" me those things that I already am.  But it is so refreshing to have my thoughts and beliefs reinforced now and then.

Sarah Palin is everything that accomplished women should applaud - she is smart, savvy, attractive and determined.  Does she have some colloquialisms in her speech that drive me a little crazy as a lover of words - sure - but if that is her worst fault....

I believe she is one of those gifted few that God sends in times of great peril.  If you want to laugh at that concept, feel free. However - if you look at how the concept of Freedom has managed to survive over centuries of despotism all over the world - you will see times in history when great minds, fearless personalities, great military leaders, etc. have come together to protect and promote the idea of Freedom- our founders were some of those.  It is time for a new generation of heroes and I believe Sarah Palin is one of them.  She understands what the founders intended when they created the structure of this  nation which I believe was a true gift of God's wisdom.   She is determined to fight for what she understands.   Whatever Sarah decides to do I applaud her convictions, strength and unbelievable energy.

Some commentary - Some of my favorite points were actually from the closing questions - we are looking for candidates "who allow America's spirit to rise again".  And "candidates who are not afraid to seek Divine intervention for the future of our country".

GOP are you listening?  Sarah is what a charismatic leader looks and sounds like - not Newt or Huck or any of those other names - though I find good things about both of those men.  GOP when are you going to have the guts just to tell it like it is in a FORCEFUL, UNAPOLOGETIC manner the way Sarah did last night?   If you will take a small step to the right you will discover a large part of America waiting for you to take a stand and back true fiscal/security conservatives - we are not coming to you!

To my friends on the left - We don't care about eloquence - we care about substance - your leader is made of straw - ours is made of iron.   Ms. Maddow - you should be ashamed of your remarks here - but since shame does not seem to be in the vocabulary of your network - you probably won't be - http://bit.ly/blOHih . Perhaps you should consider a rainbow colored hood since you are determined to believe that everyone who does not agree with you is a racist?  You absolutely cannot fathom how a straight, community college educated, happily married woman with 5 children who is also attractive and a believer in a God who is not distant - you just cannot fathom how she could capture a nation's heart.  It is so simple it is beyond your elitest mindset.  She is one of us.  That's all.

 (my apologies to he left for my 132 IQ, bachelor's degree and two technical degrees here - I am supposed to be a mindless follower - I forgot for just a minute :o)

Great comments on Sarah's speech here (along with a few trolls) http://bit.ly/9YmxbR

Last for now - great irony in the last line of this New York Times column - "Palin is doing everything wrong - unless the game has changed" http://bit.ly/cUVkP0  .  BINGO!!  The game has changed!  All the usual rules for political races and activism are so yesterday!  Get ready - the revolution HAS begun!

For those that were not able to view the speech:


 

Gordon Cafe