Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Levi Johnston Apologizes for Lying about Palins

By Adrienne Ross - www.motivationtruth.com
07/06/2010

Levi Johnston, according to People magazine, has demonstrated some maturity and apologized to the Palin family for the lies he told about them. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. As hard as I came down on Levi for his despicable behavior, I certainly want to commend him for manning up now and admitting that he was lying.

I have always said that there is hope for Levi and that he needs prayer. In spite of going from feeling sorry for him that he didn't have a role model in his life to direct him to being quite angry with what he was doing to the Palins, I have always envisioned that he would wake up at some point and see that the error of his ways had caused his beautiful son and him a world of hurt, and that he would apologize. In fact, less than three weeks ago, when news surfaced that Bristol and Levi were working on moving forward as parents--not romantic partners--I wrote (emphasis added):

Now, as late in the game as it is, he appears to have seen the error of his ways and wants to do right by his son. For Tripp's sake, that makes me extremely glad. In the spirit of wiping the slate clean, however, I hope he will make a public apology to the Palins. That, of course, would be a true lesson in repentance and humility, a lesson that would mean quite a bit to his son in the years to come.

So what did Levi say in that public apology? Eunice Oh and Sandra Sobieraj Westfall of People.com report the following:

"Last year, after Bristol and I broke up, I was unhappy and a little angry. Unfortunately, against my better judgment, I publicly said things about the Palins that were not completely true," [Levi] tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I have already privately apologized to Todd and Sarah. Since my statements were public, I owe it to the Palins to publicly apologize."

[...]

"So to the Palin family in general and to Sarah Palin in particular, please accept my regrets and forgive my youthful indiscretion," Johnston says in the statement. "I hope one day to restore your trust."

Read the full article here.

I wonder if members of the Lame Stream Media who, in their desperate unending obsession to find dirt on Governor Palin, were so very glad to have him tell his story to the world will run with this story and clear her name. I won't hold my breath, but perhaps some will surprise me. I wonder if the We Hate Sarah Palin Bloggers Club who harassed, slandered, accused me of inciting murder, threatened to call law enforcement on me, and promised to contact my employer when I wrote "Levi: When Lying Dogs Won't Sleep," will write that Levi confessed that he, in fact, had been lying. But again, I won't hold my breath. You can read what I've previously written about Levi's dishonesty here and here.

For Levi's own sake, Bristol's sake, and of course, the sake of their son, Tripp, I am very happy he did the right thing and confessed the truth. For Governor Palin, I am also glad, for she deserves much better than what the young man had thrown her way. I don't know Levi's heart or where his true motives rest. I do know, however, that he owed the Palin family a public apology. I'm glad he gave it.

Palin Twibe